I love to cook and used to be able to spend lots of time in the kitchen. Now I'm a mama to an adorable, active 18month old toddler who has been home from Korea for 8 months. I work full-time. And, I'm 23 weeks pregnant. I need to be able to put dinner together in the time it takes Bible Action Songs to play through (2o minutes).
Here's what's currently working for me...
1) I buy chicken tenderloins at Sam's, divide them into one pound portions, chop them up, and freeze them. When I need cut up chicken all I have to do is thaw and cook. (I'm not a fan of frozen cooked chicken at all).
2) I do as much prep work as possible on Saturdays adn Sundays during nap time. Chopping vegetables, etc.
3) When I make a casserole or something for the oven that bakes in a 9x13, I divide it into two 8x8 dishes. I bake one and freeze the other.
4) I am now best friends with my crock pot. We love cheesy crock pot chicken, beef stroganoff, pizza pork chops, and Granny's swiss steak. I also use my crock pot to slow cook my chicken for chicken enchiladas.
5) Two thawed frozen dinner rolls make an excellent calzone. A package of thawed frozen dinner rolls makes enough for a family.