Sunday, August 16, 2009
I am still trying to figure out a good night time routine for me. I think before I wasn't having much success because I was trying to do too much. This is my current list of what needs to be done before I head to bed every night.
1) Do one full load of laundry - wash, dry, fold, put away
2) Clean kitchen - load and start dishwasher, wash other dishes, clean counters and table, sweep floor
3) Pick up house - put things where they belong, sort laundry
4) Put meat in refrigerator to thaw for the next night
I've been on this plan for three nights. I'll keep you posted on how I do. I had not anticipated going back to work being so hard for this very pregnant woman. I am so tired and swollen by the end of the day. I miss nap time. My plan is to keep going until the baby decides to make an appearance. We'll see how I do.
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
Monday, August 3, 2009
Sunday, August 2, 2009
2) A 22 month old boy + a playground to explore = pure little boy joy
3) Sometimes God speaks quietly to my heart and other times (like this morning) he whacks me with a 2x4 and speaks with a megaphone through a wise Christian woman I greatly respect. I needed it.
4) Check registers were meant to be used. I used to just keep track by checking online, but discovered I really need to write down where that money goes. It's surprising to see how many transactions occur on one day. I am being forced to really think about each little transaction.
5) I am learning to cut myself some slack. I need this with baby number two due to arrive in less than a month. Simplifying and de-cluttering mean much easier housekeeping. Bulk shopping and stockpiling mean much easier meal prep. I enjoy having more time to relax and spend time with my husband and son before we adjust to life as a family of four.
6) Finding out I am out of eggs while making pancakes was enough to send me into tears Saturday morning. Apparently this is what happens to women who are 37 weeks pregnant.
7) Preparing for a new baby does not have to cost a small fortune. More to come on this in the next week.