Sunday, August 2, 2009

Weekly Wrap Up

1) http://www.allrecipes.com/ has an ingredient search. I use that website all the time, but did not know this. I typed in green pepper, chicken, and spaghetti sauce and found a 4.5 star recipe for chicken cacciatore. We'll see how it turns out.


2) A 22 month old boy + a playground to explore = pure little boy joy


3) Sometimes God speaks quietly to my heart and other times (like this morning) he whacks me with a 2x4 and speaks with a megaphone through a wise Christian woman I greatly respect. I needed it.


4) Check registers were meant to be used. I used to just keep track by checking online, but discovered I really need to write down where that money goes. It's surprising to see how many transactions occur on one day. I am being forced to really think about each little transaction.

5) I am learning to cut myself some slack. I need this with baby number two due to arrive in less than a month. Simplifying and de-cluttering mean much easier housekeeping. Bulk shopping and stockpiling mean much easier meal prep. I enjoy having more time to relax and spend time with my husband and son before we adjust to life as a family of four.


6) Finding out I am out of eggs while making pancakes was enough to send me into tears Saturday morning. Apparently this is what happens to women who are 37 weeks pregnant.

7) Preparing for a new baby does not have to cost a small fortune. More to come on this in the next week.

No comments: